Monday, April 30, 2012

Reflections


It is hard for me to believe that in the year and a half since I started blogging about my pictures that I have not dedicated a post specifically to reflections, especially as much as I love taking these type of pictures.  I love seeing still water as I know its beauty runs deeper than its surface.  Regardless of the stress of work or missing my friends and family, seeing a reflection on a body of water (primarily lakes) provides that moment of peace that makes me feel that everything in the world is going to be okay.  Personally, this journey (Odyssey, I oftentimes call it) has brought me closer to appreciating nature and what it has to offer.

The first three pictures were taken at Eagle Lake in Morehead, KY.  My reference of this lake should not be new for people that has followed this blog from the very beginning.  It was Eagle Lake that I began to notice how much I loved the reflections of the trees on the lake three years ago.  When I lived in Morehead, I loved going to Eagle Lake all times of year just to catch a glimpse of its beauty and to feel at peace.  What is sad is that it took me living in Morehead for about year before I became motivated to explore the area.  It was that motivation and a great roadie then that fueled the fire for many of the pictures that you see here as well as on Facebook.

The fourth and fifth pictures were taken at Lake Linville, which is in Mount Vernon (Rockcastle County).  It actually started to rain while I was at the lake taking pictures, which cut down the number of pictures that I planned on taking.  The sixth picture was taken at Wood Creek Lake, which again is not new to being featured on this blog.  As Eagle Lake was my Walden in Morehead, Wood Creek Lake fills that role in London.  The peace and the serenity of the lake is very calming.  Although minutes away from Highway 80 and I-75, it feels that you are miles away.  It was here that I would go to when I was stressed with my previous job and I needed time to reflect on things.  The final pictures were taken in Franklin (flat bridge on Drakes Creek) and Chicago looking into the Chicago River.

Trust me when I say that simply discussing this topic tonight will not end my desire to capture reflections.  If anything, it has enhanced it as reviewing these photos brings back the feels that I felt while I was at each site.  I hope that you enjoy the pictures and thanks again for your support with this blog. 




 





No comments:

Post a Comment