Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Introducing...Killa Cam (D7000)

Good evening.  I wanted to share with you some pictures that I recently took with my new camera, Nikon D7000.  My nickname for it is Killa Cam...the "Carolina Panther years".  This new camera is a sizable upgrade from my previous camera (D5000). One of the many features is the 16 MP (the previous camera was 12MP) as well as the increased Aperture and ISO settings that I was not used to before.  I have not experienced everything, since I only have had it for about a week.  I am excited about exploring and shooting with this camera.  I am still serious about hitting me up on Photo Safaris...  Picture 1 and 3 were taken at the park in front of Papa Johns off of Blakenbaker in Louisville, KY using a tripod.  Picture 2 and 4 were experimenting with the Manual Settings for Night Photography without the use of a tripod.  There may be some distortion due to hand movement, but I still wanted to share with you all.  I am still working with settings of this new camera so it will take me a while to learn.  I have quickly discovered that the D7000 is far more complicated than the D5000.  I am very excited about my camera...as you can tell.

Please enjoy the pictures and give me feedback.  I can always use that as helpful hints to work on in the future. I know one thing that I have heard is that I like to take pictures of Landscapes, Trees, etc.  Yeah, I do, but that is something that stands out to me.  :).  I have began to grow more in taking pictures of people, but I try to leave those pictures for Facebook and focus more on "artistic" shots for this blog.  I have contemplated posting my "artistic" pictures again on Facebook, but I am discovering that the blog serves probably more benefit to me than it does to the general public.  It provides me with an outlet as well as a medium to discuss an interest that has been important to me lately...photography.  






No comments:

Post a Comment