Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A Day at Keeneland

Good evening to everyone.  I wanted to share with you about the rest of my weekend on last weekend.  In the previous post, I discussed the time that we experienced at Thunder Over Louisville on Saturday.  On Sunday, we went to Keeneland in Lexington, KY to catch the horse races.  Although the weather was cool, it was still a good time at the races.  I had beginner's luck in the first race at the track.  While my girlfriend was looking for her friends at the racetrack, I placed a bet on the race that was about to take off in two minutes.  Why do I call it beginner's luck?  I simply placed a bet on the #6 horse...well, because it was my football number in college.  I had no idea of any odds or anything when betting on the horse. I figured with a $2 bet that it was a safe bet.  The horse was at 5:1 odds, so it was a good start at the track.  At the end of the day, well...let's just say that the first race was truly beginners luck.  However, it was still fun watching the races and basking in traditions of Keeneland.  If you want more information about the history and race dates at Keeneland, you can go to (http://www.keeneland.com/default.aspx).  Just an FYI, the last race for the spring is this weekend coming up.  If you have never experienced Keeneland, go...you do not have to gamble to have a good time.  The view, race, and watching people lose money is quite fun :).

Keeneland capped off a wonderful weekend of "Kentucky" events.  On Friday, we ate at Bootleg BBQ (http://www.bootlegbbq.net/) in Louisville, KY, which is ranked by Kentucky Living Magazine as the #2 non-franchised BBQ restaurant in Kentucky.  Saturday, we went to Thunder Over Louisville and watched part of the Air Show on the same day.  So, why am I listing out the events of a weekend?  It is to show that there is so much to do in Kentucky.  I hope that you get to take advantage of many of the upcoming events.  Although we missed it this year, I hope to go to the Hillbilly Days in Pikeville, KY next year.  It seems like it will be a wonderful time.  Anyways, below are some of the pictures that I took at Keenland.  I hope that you enjoy the pictures.  Thanks again for everyone's support with this blog.







2 comments:

  1. These are great! What are you using for your post work?
    -Lori Ward

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, I use a program called Photomatix. Until I upgrade my Photoshop Software to where I can process .RAW images, I use photomatix to help with it.

    ReplyDelete