Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Natural Bridge State Resort Park - Slade, KY

One thing that I have heard repeatedly over the past month is the slogan, "There is only one Kentucky."  Kentucky is a very unique state.  From West to East and North to South, each region and county provides a different feeling of "ahhh".  Tonight's "ahh" is of my trip with my girlfriend to Natural Bridge State Resort Park in Slade, KY on April 14, 2012.  I had been to Natural Bridge before in 2010 so it was special sharing this experience with my girlfriend who had never been to Natural Bridge.  The Natural Bridge State Resort Park is located in the Red River Gorge area and is located in Powell County.   From London, we traveled on Highway 30 to Booneville and Highway 11 to the State Park.  You can also access the state park via the Mountain Parkway that goes from Winchester to Salyersville/Prestonsburg.  From Lexington, it may be a little over an hour drive.  The Resort Park provides many hiking trails, outdoor activities, as well as just overall beauty.

Below are a few pictures, but I do not feel they provide justice to the overall "ahh" of the moment.  There is something peaceful about being close to nature and just "being".  A moment that I will relish for a lifetime is having the opportunity to watch the sunset with my girlfriend while sitting on top of Lover's Leap (picture 5).  Of all of our adventures, I think both she and I would agree that it would be in the top 3 adventures (and we both have been to many places in the time we have been together).  To get to Natural Bridge, you can either take a Skylift (rates apply) or walk on trails (quickest trail is .50 miles, which is the "Original Trail").  Once you get there, take plenty pictures, take a lunch, and take some time to enjoy the beauty.  When you are there, go to Lover's Leap, Fat Man's Squeeze, along with the Overlook Point where you can see the Natural Bridge.  I would imagine that the Fall would provide patrons with a beautiful and colorful display with the fall foliage.  Anyways...enjoy, but trust me, Natural Bridge is totally worth taking the time to visit.






No comments:

Post a Comment