Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Sun Is Going Down

"When your burdens get real heavy,
and when ole trouble gets in your way.
When you have failed and been so disappointed
and when cares have made your hair turn gray.

Jesus knows just what we can bear
and I'm so glad I know the work of prayer.
And when you kneel down and pray
say I thank you Jesus (I thank you Lord)
Thank you for One More Day.

The Sun is Going Down, Yes it is...
and I know the moon is just drifting away.
Yes, Lord and my day and nights are getting shorter,
Everyday, oh help us Lord.

Well, when ole' darkness is all around you,
and when nothing seems to go your way,
Well you just kneel down and pray
say I thank you Jesus (I thank you Lord)
Thank you for One More Day."

Dedicated to my Grandmother (Sister Parker), which I have a copy of her singing this song while on the Sunday Morning radio show. 





No comments:

Post a Comment