Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Winchester Traveling Trails

Tonight, I want to share with you the pictures that I took at the Winchester Traveling Trails.  For over two years, I have passed the Winchester Traveling Trails, but never had a desire or inkling to stop.  Honestly, the Traveling Trails did not seem appealing to me, except for the barn on the trail (last picture in the blog).  Normally when I am passing through Winchester, I am either running late for a meeting or so tired at the end of the day that I am ready to get home (which when I get to this point I still have an hour left to get home).  So why today?  As I was driving on Highway 627 heading home and sipping on my Ale-8-One (Ale 8) icee from Speedway, the way the evening sun was hitting the area peaked my interest in actually wanting to stop and see what the trails were about.  Mainly, I wanted a pictures of the barn from a distance.  So I turned around and went back...totally unaware of the beauty that I would find.

The Traveling Trails are walking/running/exercising park in a field (there is another walking trail located on Boonesboro Road as your are leaving Winchester headed toward Boonesboro).  The trails are kept mowed and provides people with an opportunity to exercise outdoors.  This particular trail is .9 miles (one completed loop).  The trail winds around the property and the barn.  I started with taking pictures from a distance, but then started walking (as it was a pretty day and well...I needed to stay awake as I was driving home).  I walked up to the backside of the barn (away from the sun) and peeked through an open door.  The pictures below are from peeking through the door.  Picture #4 is of the door.

As I finished walking my one loop on the trail (pitiful, huh?), I realized that this trail is more than just exercise, but also is a way to relax and enjoy scenery around you.  For me, it did that very thing as I was flabbergasted about the fact that for two years I did not take the time to just STOP, get out my car, and enjoy life.

Anyways, I hope that you enjoy the pictures.  I know that I was excited about getting back home and sharing them with you all because I was totally not expecting to take any other picture than the barn from the distance. 








No comments:

Post a Comment