Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Still Moments

Today's theme for the blog is statues.  I love take pictures of statues because you can get different feelings from the angles that you take the picture.  The first picture was taken here in London, KY behind a building off of Meyers-Baker Road.  I took this picture one day as I was trying to take a mental break from work. I passed the building many of times as the gym that I go to is on Meyers-Baker Road.  I liked this picture because of the overall feeling.  You feel that the woman in the picture truly loves the comfort of being with what is assumed to be her husband.  Both have lived full lives, but yet have gone through a lot together (the initial meeting, date, first kiss, marriage, kids, wars, work, grandkids, etc.).  You can imagine that they are sitting on a bench somewhere recollecting all of the events of their lives and happy to have had each as they went through their life's journey.

The next picture is of Stephen Foster and was taken at the My Old Kentucky Home site in Bardstown, KY.  The first picture makes you want to know what it is that he is looking at because he of his focus in contrast with his body position.  The object of his passion was so important to him that he made it a point to turn around to take a look at it.  In the next picture, you see what it was that captured his attention (My Old Kentucky Home).



The last picture was taken of a statue that was created to honor soldiers who dedicated their lives in service.  It was taken in Whitesburg, KY (Letcher County).  When I look at this picture, I get the feeling that the soldier wants to identify himself to the onlooker because he is holding up his name tag.  He wants the viewer to not forget who he is and what he did for them to be able to live their lives freely.


These are just my thoughts and feelings when I look at these pictures.  Let me hear your thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment