Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Lake Rd. - London, KY

Seems like I have a lot of time on my hands today...ha ha.  This picture was taken off of Lake Road outside of London, KY (Laurel County) using a Kodak Easy Share camera.  The interesting thing about this picture was that the lake was frozen solid.  Although it was very cold out, my girlfriend and I really enjoyed the setting.  When we threw rocks across the lake, it would make a sound that would echo from the hills.  I have not been to this area other than a couple times during the winter, but I would guarantee that it would be gorgeous to go during the months with foliage.  On this day that we went, it was our Walden.  

I will be honest and say that I have a hard time taking pictures during the winter months.  I am trying to learn in all facets of my life to look beyond the initial appearance and look to see the deeper meaning in life.  The cabin in the second picture was near the lake.  I love this picture because it is very peaceful, especially seeing the afternoon sun.  I have not edited these pictures.  I took them originally in black and white.




No comments:

Post a Comment