Friday, January 21, 2011

Special Treat

Good Afternoon to all...today I am uploading some pictures that I took last night and today as I went around the Laurel / Whitley County areas taking pictures of the snow.  Today's pictures were taken on my new camera...Nikon D5000.  I am still getting used to the settings and taking pictures with it, so it will take me some time to get used to it.  Hopefully, I will be able to upload more pictures that I have taken with this camera.  I will still upload pictures from the past using my Kodak Easy Share.  Tell me if you all can see any differences with these pictures.  The first picture was taken in Corbin by the railroad tracks on Lynn Street.  I took the picture as the snow began falling.  I don't know to me, I liked the picture because I have had a hard time taking pictures using night landscapes in the past.

 The next three pictures were taken today while out on Highway 1193 at Laurel River Lake.  I wanted to take the camera out for a test shooting today.  I chose these three pictures because I liked the contrast with the colors.




This last picture was taken on Maple Grove Road in Laurel County.  I took this picture because I thought the picture was pretty of the tree along the hillside.  This picture was originally color, but I felt that it would have more meaning with it being in Black and White.



I hope that you enjoy and as I said...I will continue sharing pictures that I have taken in the past as well as uploading new pictures too.  Thanks again for the support.  I really enjoy knowing that I can share these pictures, but more my thoughts behind taking the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment