Sunday, January 30, 2011

Monell's - Nashville, TN

For my fellas out there who has that special lady and still trying to make plans for Valentine's Day or if you are just looking for a good place to eat, then I have the place for you.  Today, my family and I went to Nashville to eat at Monell's Restaurant on 6th Avenue (last picture).  It was recommended by my uncle, sister, and other family members that have eaten there.  The food was so good that I could have slapped my mama. Ha ha, no I did not slap her...she would have clocked me into the wall since she was sitting beside me, but you get my point.

We got there around 3pm CST and was seated fairly quickly.  On the table was already some food that served as an appetizer before the main meal came out. Did I say that this is a Family Style Restaurant.  The restaurant itself is located in an old home.  The room that we were in had two long tables.  One table alone accommodated our party of 11.  Now, back to the food and drink...there was a cucumber and onion salad with italian dressing (second picture), cole slaw, biscuits, and cornbread.  There was a marmalade that consisted of peaches and honey.  On the table was sweet tea, unsweet tea, water, and fruit tea....That is right, fruit tea.  When the main course came out...well look below to see what came out with the main course.  When they served the food, they served it in bowls and you had to pass it around when you got your serving.  The menu is already prepared that day...all you have to do is just sit and wait to taste a little bit of heaven.  The chicken is freshly fried and the food is served piping hot.  You can ask for extras and it does not change the price of your total bill.  I ate so much food that I thought my stomach was going to explode.

Guys, like I said, if you are looking for a place to take that special someone on Valentine's Day or just want to take her out on the town for good food, you cannot go wrong with Monell's.  If you want to take your family or just get some good food Monell is the place.  I mean look at the picture if you don't believe me...aren't you hungry looking at it :).  Oh and beside the macaroni and cheese is corn pudding.  To top it off was a lemon chess pie (you can see it sort of in the first picture).  Call ahead and check out the menu...they have a website that you can visit as well.  They also have a location in Gallatin, TN as well.  The price for the meal on Sunday (which it may differ from the other days) was the same as a good steak dinner from Outback Steakhouse.  Think about it...  All I can say is that the food, atmosphere, and laughs were worth it.  When you go, let me know what you think about it.




1 comment:

  1. Do they put Vitorin in the tea? That looks great but I bet there is enough mgs of cholesterol on that plate to clog I-65.

    ReplyDelete