Saturday, February 25, 2012

Garage Sale Vol. 2

Good Saturday afternoon.  Last year, I posted a blog called Garage Sale Vol. 1.  Well, here is volume 2.  For today's entry, I wanted to share some pictures that I have recently taken or edited.  Each picture has a different focus so there is not a certain theme as to why I chose these pictures rather than other ones that I may have in my "library".

The first picture was taken before going to the Kevin Hart Comedy Show at the Palace Theatre in Louisville, KY.  This theatre is absolutely gorgeous.  I would hope that one day that I would have the chance to take pictures inside of the theatre.  If you have never been to the Palace Theatre or even the Kentucky Theatre in Lexington, KY, I would recommend you visit for a show or even just to tour inside.  Oh and Kevin Hart was absolutely hilarious.  I almost peed my pants a few times as I was doubled over laughing the majority of the time.


The second picture was taken while in Franklin, KY at Loving Chapel Baptist Church.  The way the sunlight was entering through the window it highlighted the program that the woman in front was writing on during service.  The story behind this picture is the woman taking the notes is 80 years plus.  For years she has taken notes of each church service (songs, sermons, etc.).  On this day, I was able capture her doing something that she has done for year...

The third picture was taken at Lake Linville in Rockcastle County.  I know that I have referenced this lake and pictures taken there a few times...so I will not elaborate more than to say...the view was wonderful.


The fourth picture is of a rose given on Valentine's day by a co worker's husband.  When waiting around for a file to print, I noticed that the rose viewed from this angle looked like a heart.


I chose the fifth picture because of the connection between the man and dog.  It is a little different than most pictures that I post on here because the pictures is of a person rather than a landscape or an object. 


The final picture was taken on Boonesborough Road (Hwy 627) one evening as I was coming through Winchester heading back home.  The lines in the sky go well with the lines of the horizon. 


As I said before...this is sort of like a garage sale.  I hope that you all have enjoyed these pictures as much as I have in sharing them with you.  I hope to post my more "artistic" pictures on my blogsite rather than posting them on Facebook.  Maybe one day I will get into Flicker, but who knows.  I want to thank each of you that view this site for your support and confidence with continuing what has now become a primary hobby for me.  I am excited about this year and hope to capture my life of adventures in pictures :).  Thank you for the opportunity to share with you my pictures, my thoughts, and my reasons on this blogsite.

No comments:

Post a Comment