Thursday, February 16, 2012

Why? Well, Whynot?

Good evening and Happy Birthday Girlfriend!!!  Most of the times, I blog about the pictures that I have posted, certain edits that I have used, the "why" of the picture, and give some background information as to why I chose to highlight a particular picture.  Well tonight, I will talk about the Whynots...or well, at least the ones that did not make the Facebook cut or did make it to Facebook, but was not really good.

In using Photomatix, I have found myself going back through old pictures and seeing if the edits will enhance the picture from its original.  I have quite a few pictures that do not make the cut.  It is easy to post 4 really good pictures (what I think are good pictures), but of those 4 there are hundreds (and I mean hundreds) that are sub average and down right poor.  The first picture is one those hundreds that did not make the cut.  I took this picture in rural Laurel County.  When I took the original picture, it was a cloudy day and the barn and shiloh were dark and dull.  I honestly forgot that I even took this picture until last night when I was going through a folder.  When I uploaded the picture using Photomatix, I was like WHOAAA...maybe I need to reconsider this picture and others like it that I have chalked up as one of the hundreds.


The second picture was taken on Kummer Road (Spraypaint Road) in Franklin, KY.  The picture was taken with a 2 minute exposure.  This picture was one that I posted on Facebook, but the spraypaint on the road was not highlighted.  So, when I uploaded this picture, I felt that I needed to resuscitate this picture back to life :)


The third picture was one of many that I took on a fall day at Eagle Lake in Morehead, KY.  I posted one of the pictures so there was no reason to post the others that featured the bench, trees, and reflections of water from different perspectives.  When looking through the set of pictures again, I chose this picture to edit using Photomatix and found that the program enhanced the color of the trees reflecting on the water.


The fourth picture was taken in Renfro Valley, KY.  The original picture's white balance was off and with it being a cloudy day, it did not turn out to be a good picture.  The Photomatix program highlighted the mill, which to me is the main focus of this picture.  Go ahead and say it...I am a sucker for reflection pictures... You know what...you're absolutely correct.


The final picture was taken in Larue County at the base of the Abraham Lincoln Birthplace National Historic Park.  The picture was posted on Facebook, but compared to others that I have taken....I would rate it as sub average.  So, why now?  For me, the Photomatix program enhanced the spiritual feeling that I had when I took this picture.  This picture reminds me of a place in the Garden of Gethsemane where Peter, James, and John were waiting for Jesus as he walked further ahead and prayed.  I imagine them waiting for Jesus to return.  Where I took this picture, there was a little stream running behind me.  I felt that I could close my eyes and hear a man in the distance praying, "Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt." (Mark 14:36)

1 comment:

  1. I also have been revisiting some photos with Photomatix. It doesn't help all pictures, but there are some that definitely come to life using that software! Nice job on these. I especially like the first and last photos.
    Sheila Reeves

    ReplyDelete