Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spring Fever

A couple of days ago was the first official day of Spring.  However, we have been fortunate to have had very beautiful days as of late.  It seems that "Spring Fever" is all around us with the trees a blooming, animals mating, and March Madness keeping us glued to the TV.  Anyways, today's blog is of some pictures that I have taken the last couple of days that I want to share.  I hope that everyone enjoys the beauty that is around us (large and small).  The first three pictures were taken at the Kentucky Horse Park and the last two were taken at the Yew Dell Gardens in Oldham County (which is a must see sight if you want to enjoy the Spring blooms).  I hope that I can still have the opportunity to capture the feeling that is...."Spring Fever".

The first picture is actually a picture that I did not like at first because  I felt that I did not capture the essence of the picture because I zoomed in on the goose that was flying away.  Hopefully, after this little explanation, you will see why I chose this picture as the first picture on the blogsite tonight.  When I walked up to the side of this little stream, the two geese were sitting on the side.  When got about 5 feet from them, this goose flew off and the other goose continued sitting as though I was not there.  What I did not realize was that the goose that stayed was sitting on eggs...protecting them.  I took another step forward and she rose up ready to defend the eggs, which is the second picture.




As I was walking along a road at the Horse Park, I was snapping pictures of a barn / stall located in front of me.  As I turned around, I saw that a horse that I had passed was walking toward my direction.  I looked and I saw the place where you tie up the horses (help me out if you all know the name of it) and thought it would make an interesting picture with the other horse in the backdrop.


As I said earlier, the last two pictures are of flowers and a budding tree at the Yew Dell Gardens.


No comments:

Post a Comment