Sunday, March 20, 2011

Louisville Night Pictures

Good evening to all.  I hope that everyone has enjoyed a nice weekend of weather and a slate full of basketball games.  I know that I have been glued to the tv trying to watch all of the games.  Tonight, I want to share some pictures taken at night.  In the past, I had a hard time taking pictures at night...so it is a pleasure for me to share these pictures that I have taken recently with my camera.

In 2008, I had dinner at Rocky's Italian restaurant in Jeffersonville, IN.  While at the restaurant, I took a few pictures looking across the Ohio River at night onto Louisville's skyline.  Now, fast forward to this past weekend and while looking at a wikipedia search for Louisville, the picture they had was from the same perspective.  I figured I would try to take the same picture again, but this time using my new camera and also a tripod to minimize shakiness of the camera.  The first picture is taken on the west side of the 31-W Bridge (Clark Memorial Bridge).  The bright lights near the middle of the picture that are in a row are the lights from the Yum! Center.  The second picture is from the east side of the Clark Memorial Bridge.  The third picture is of the Super Moon from 3/19/2011.  The picture was taken on the Indiana side of the Ohio River.






The fourth picture is from a liquor store on Bardstown Road in Louisville, KY.  Don't worry mom, was just walking by the store.  I saw the reflection of the neon Louisville and Fleur-de-lis and wanted the picture.


The next picture is of a red door taken while walking along Bardstown Road.  I liked the shadows on the steps from a nearby light pole.


The final picture of the day is taken of fake flowers near Christmas lights at Lynn's Paradise Cafe.  I accidentally took this picture in a Portrait setting rather than more in landscape, but I liked the colors of the picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment