Monday, December 24, 2012

Happy Holidays

I begin my post this afternoon by saying this: I have purposefully refrained from making comments regarding the school shootings in Connecticut and other areas of the US.  The situation is very sad and many families/friends are without loved ones.  On this holiday season, I pray that each of you embrace the time that is spent with your families, children, significant other, and friends.
 
Secondly, I have to take the time to thank you again for your support with my photography.  I love the comments, suggestions, and critiques.  This blogsite has became more than what I expected when I wrote my first posts (http://solomonjparker.blogspot.com/2011/01/2011-beginning.html) and (http://solomonjparker.blogspot.com/2011/01/lake-rd-london-ky.html).  I just wanted a medium to share my pictures and the reasons for choosing them.  I would have never dreamed that it would lead to being asked to showcase two of my photos in a restaurant near Charlotte, NC.  Crazy, right?  In the upcoming year, I want to continue to enjoy life and capture its moments through photography while striving to improve skills and technique.
 
Finally, I would like to wish everyone a Happy Holidays and safe travels!!!
 

 
 
 

 
 

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe another year has come and gone. And to see how much you've learned over the year with photography has been impressive and a joy to see. I'm not going to lie...I'm a little jealous. :) Congrats on being showcased...one day you may even be published. Happy New Year, Mr. Parker!

    ReplyDelete