Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Nappy is Not a Bad Word

Last month, I was able to land a gig shooting internet celebrity, Brokey McPoverty.  Huge deal-- if you haven't heard of her, then you've been missing out. She writes articles, blogs about everything and nothing, tweets of daily struggle, and her reality television commentary is unmatched. Brokey McPoverty is the epitome of the hashtag, the greater-than sign, and any emoji on your smartphone, hence, I was more than excited to have the opportunity to have my pictures featured on her pages.

During this photoshoot, I fully took advantage of trying out new techniques I have been researching for quite some time. Just when I thought that I was in a rut with my hobby, I was able to play around with different lighting and perspectives, and all of a sudden, I remember why I love photography so much. There's always something to learn! Also, a fierce model in Brokey definitely made things more entertaining! 

The pictures below are for Brokey McPoverty's new venture-- tees and totes to celebrate natural hair. I think it's a great idea for presents and stocking stuffers. I wanted a shirt, but  if you've seen me, you know that I'm not the best posterboy to market natural hair-- or any hair for that matter. But I digress.

Peep her websites below. Believe me, I'm a fan!
Brokey McTshirts [buy them here... and see my photos!]








1 comment:

  1. LMAO! The last 2 sentences are hysterical to me!! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete