Wednesday, June 20, 2012

My Life

This post is the last of my twenties.  In two days, I will hit the 30 mark and have completed 3 full decades of my life.  As I sit here reminiscing on my past and contemplating my future...

I am thankful for the many blessings;  
I am thankful for the adversities;
I am thankful for the safety over the highways;
I am grateful for Paula Faye Parker;  
I am grateful for Robert Nathaniel Parker;
I am grateful to have been raised with good Christian values. 
I love my sisters, my family, my nephew, and my friends;
I love the Steve Urkel glasses, running a race without shoes, and the Airwalks;
I love the memories of Ice Potato Pie, Potato Salad, BBQ, Cut Glass Salad;
I cherish the family dinners and gatherings;  
I cherish my childhood memories, coaches, teammates, and classmates;
I cherish the people that believed in me, even when I could not see it in myself;
I value the opportunities to have many people come through my life for good and well...for bad;
I value my friendships and my relationships with those close to me in life;
I value XXV, Loving Chapel, FSHS Class of '00, the Workshop, the individuals that I worked with that impacted my life.
I appreciate the loves lost and the love found;
I appreciate Franklin-Simpson High School, Centre College, Bowling Green, Morehead, Corbin...everywhere. 
I appreciate my shortcomings/failures and apologize for my mistakes and the hurt that I have caused others.
I treasure the opportunities that life has presented;
I treasure the journeys in my life;
I treasure the pain and hurt in my life.
I miss my father.
I pray that I have became the man that God wants me to be;
I pray that I have became the man that my mother, father, grandmothers, grandfathers, uncles, aunts, and family friends spent the time praying for me to be;
I pray that I have been a positive light to people, a vehicle of change, and a role model.
I am blessed to BE...because of the great I AM;
I am blessed for the times shared with family and friends that are no longer here;
I am blessed to see the eve of my 30th birthday.
I can smile because I know that God loves me.




  


  

1 comment:

  1. Solomon J. Parker, we (ie all of us who know you) are blessed by your being here with us. Just keep on being Solly.

    ReplyDelete