Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pictures from Charlotte, NC

First, I want to give a shoutout to Corey for showing us around Charlotte, NC on last week and being an awesome host.  We had a great time in the city and it served as a great start to our vacation week.  It also set the standard for the food that we were going to eat while on vacation.  I have posted pictures of the food from Charlotte on Facebook.  My favorite meal was at Pio Pio Peruvian Restaurant (the last picture on the post tonight).  The Rotisserie Chicken is almost life changing :).  Charlotte would be a place that I would love to go back to again...along with Asheville, NC and Charleston, SC (everywhere that we went to on vacation).  If I go back, I have to get some North Carolina BBQ and some Good Ole' Fashion Soul Food.  

The first picture was taken after a 2 mile hike up to King's Pinnacle at Crowders Mountain State Park at King's Mountain, NC.  


The second picture is one of many pictures that I took of the Charlotte skyline at night.  It stormed while we were out watching the rest of the NBA playoff game and I missed some shots of lightning across the skyline.


The third picture is of the rain looking out of the back seat window.


The fourth picture is of a bar called "Prohibition" in downtown Charlotte.


Pictures 5, 6, & 7 are of the buildings in downtown Charlotte.  I was extremely fascinated by Picture 6.  In the foreground, you see a batter box with home plate.  Supposedly, this is the future home of the Charlotte Knights, AAA Minor League Baseball Team.  There is a hold up with the construction the park due to disputes.  What I found interesting about the picture is the brick building to the left.  This building stands on the grounds of what will be Left Field.  I wanted to take pictures of this building because I know the day is coming that it will be torn down to make way for the completion the park.  I am not sure what the building has been used for over time, but the building had some really pretty murals drawn on the outside.





Picture 8 was taken outside of Pike's looking downtown.  I liked this picture because to the right I was able able to capture the oncoming train.  Picture 9 is home to the Charlotte Bobcats.




No comments:

Post a Comment