Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Hotel 21c - Statue of David


Hotel 21c is known for its hotel accommodations, red penguins, and modern art displays inside the building and well...outside too.  During Derby Weekend, we went downtown in Louisville to view the newest art exhibit...David.  Although not the actual statue of David by Michelangelo, but the solid gold replica still has that aww factor as though you are seeing the real thing.  Granted, you are sitting there looking at a statue of a naked man, but if you can get past that part, you see a colossal MASTERPIECE.  (On a side note...there was a couple who walked near where we were sitting and the woman said, "hey look at the statue baby!"  The man responded, "I don't want to sit there and look at that man with his [stuff] hanging all out.")


I hope that you enjoy the pictures below.  They do not capture the feeling of actually seeing it in person.  The other interesting thing about these pictures is that it was taken on the night of the Super Moon (the largest full moon of the year).  In the first and second pictures, you see the full moon peering behind a nearby building.  While walking away from the statue, I wanted to capture the rising of the moon behind the statue of David.  For me, the moon behind the statue made me remember the fact that David was a man after God's own heart.  God loved David and David loved God as well. 

One day, I might see the actual statue at Galleria dell'Accademia in Florence, Italy, but at least for now...I got to see it...in Louisville, KY.  I am not sure how long the statue will remain at its current location, but I would highly suggest seeing this statue as well as viewing the art gallery inside.  Well, and of course, staying at the Hotel 21c too.




No comments:

Post a Comment