Thursday, March 15, 2012

Lightning Pictures

Good evening.  Tonight's blog features just two pictures that were taken last night (3/14) in Louisville during a lightning storm.  As we all know, lightning is one of the most unpredictable phenomenas in the world.   Up until last night, I never had the desire to capture lightning pictures.  For some reason last night, rather than running inside to prepare for a storm, I went and got my tripod and set up my camera.  The lightning storm did the rest.  It was peaceful and relaxing to sit and watch the storm.  During the 15 minutes that I was outside, I took about 12 shots using a wide-angle lens while setting the aperture to f8-f9.  The exposure times were between 7 seconds to 20 seconds.  Then, it started raining and I rushed inside.  :) 

I hope that you all enjoy these pictures and let me know your thoughts about them.      





No comments:

Post a Comment