Monday, May 16, 2011

He Gotta Big Lens!!!

Good evening to all.  I recently purchased a 55mm-300mm lens and took it this past weekend to shoot it.  The weather was not really the best for taking pictures, but there were a few opportunities between storms to get some shots.  The first picture was taken at Indian Mountain State Park in Jellico, TN.  The two birds were mating....literally.  The picture (one of many that I took) shows the bird flying away from being atop of the sign.


I have grown to think that Wood Creek Lake is my Walden.  Wood Creek Lake is located in Laurel County.  I have recently posted pictures from the lake on the blog, but all of the pictures have a different feel (if it is from ice / snow on the lake or night picture on the lake).  The picture below was taken off of Lake Road from Highway 25.


The third picture was taken at Indian Mountain State Park.


The fourth picture was taken on Route 3094 in Laurel County.  


The last picture was taken on a private dock at Wood Creek Lake in Laurel County, Kentucky.  The interesting thing about this picture is that it was taken between storms on last Saturday.  This picture was taken using a 18mm-55mm lens.  I liked it so much that I wanted to include with the other pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment