Thursday, February 24, 2011

Small Things In Life

When I go on my journeys, I like taking pictures of historical markers, landmarks, churches, restaurant, etc.  The part about these journeys that I really like is when I park my car and walk around to take pictures.  I especially love doing this at historical sites, but also mainly in downtown areas.  It is during these times that I look for smaller pictures...something that catches my eye.  The pictures today are from my most recent adventures where I have had the opportunity to stroll through downtown areas or historical sites.  These are my attempts to capture the small things in life. 

The first picture was taken in downtown Harrodsburg, KY.  When I went to Harrodsburg, I wanted to take pictures at the Old Fort Harrod Site.  After leaving the park and heading to Lexington, I took the opportunity to go through the downtown area.  You can tell that renovation efforts have been made to capture the historical essence of downtown Harrodsburg.  One thing that interest me of the area was the US flags on each light pole.  Below is the picture of one of these flags.  I like this picture because it captures the sun through the flag itself.  I got lucky when taking this picture as I caught this shot on the first time.


This second picture was of the corner of the Replica of the First House in Kentucky at the Dr. Thomas Walker State Park in Barbourville, KY.  Why the corner and not the house???  Well, I already have a few pictures of the house.  Ha ha.


The third picture was taken in downtown Barbourville, KY.  A dear friend of mine while living in Morehead inspired me to capture pictures of the decor on fences.  This picture below is one of two that I took of the same fence point.  The first was in black and white and did not include the door.  This one captures the red door of the building.  It allowed me to practice using the aperture features on my camera.


The fourth picture of today was taken in Corbin, KY.  While driving around on a pretty day after the last significant snowfall, I parked at a nearby industrial park and walked toward a field on a gravel road.  I loved the color of the field against the field and the blue sky.


The last picture of the day was taken the day after a good snowfall of the Union College campus of Sue Bennett College in London, KY.  I took this picture in Black and White and again focusing on the aperture setting on my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment