Wednesday, May 21, 2014

The Travel Bug

"Success is a journey, not a destination." - Ben Sweetland.  

At an early age, I developed a travel bug.  When people asked me what my favorite thing was as a child, sometimes I would say baseball, but mostly I would respond with "traveling".  I loved to travel so much that I would spend hours drawing elaborate towns with interchanges, buildings, and telephone poles (can't forget the telephone poles).  I loved to explore and see new sights.  A fond memory of my childhood was driving the Kentucky backroads with my maternal uncle to go to the flea market in Greenville, Kentucky.  I was like a kid in the candy store when it came time for him to pick me up.  I got to spend the whole day on the road with my big uncle who loved to travel too.  Now, if you ask him if he had a great time, I think he would say "yes", but then he'll tell you a story about why he is still scared to this day when going over a bridge, which started with him giving me a chocolate bar to eat.

It has been a blessing that with photography and this blogsite that the kid in me can still thrive on my journey in my adult world.  Although I am not mapping towns on paper as I did in my youth, somethings never change...I still pay close attention to the telephone poles. 


Weisenberger Mill - Midway, KY
Kentucky Stonehenge - Munfordville, KY
Duncan Memorial Chapel - Crestwood, KY
Taken at Duncan Memorial Chapel - Crestwood, KY
Conrad-Caldwell House - Old Louisville
The Fountain of St. James - Old Louisville



No comments:

Post a Comment