Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Ashley and Matthew - Lovers and Friends

It's funny how people meet. They say that the degree of separation between you and your soulmate is most often a mutual friend. While I don't know who "they" are specifically , I do think their bold statement holds some credibility. Me-- for example, I'm in a great relationship with someone I met through a college friend [thanks, Sean!]. In saying this, I don't suggest for you to scour through the friends list of everyone in your social network and start poking or following in search of love.  But I digress.

My truly favorite example of a chance meeting is Ashley and Matthew.  In 2008, she lived in southeastern Kentucky and he in west central Ohio.  Call it fate, kismet, destiny, or AOL Instant Messenger, but they discovered that they not only shared a mutual friend but a penchant for watching college sports and B-rated horror movies. They fell in love with each other regardless of the distance and time between them, and I'm very honored to have had the opportunity to take their photos last month in celebration of their recent engagement. 

Ashley and Matthew drove nearly two and a half hours for this photoshoot with us, and despite the torrential rains on this June evening, we were able to make the most of it through Central Park, the Waterfront, and even inside our home in Old Louisville.

Congratulations to our dear friends, Ashley and Matthew! We can't wait to wobble at your wedding!







No comments:

Post a Comment