Sunday, July 15, 2012

Ode to London

What used to be?
What is?
What will become?
These are my questions.
I live the present, but await the future;
hoping that everything will be.

London, you were my Egypt and I?
Your Phoenix.
I came to you beaten, defeated, and bruised.
And you found no favor in a man contemplating himself,
Casted away on his Odyssey,
faced with his biggest fear-- failure.

So I went, 
Back to the basics;
Learning how to survive in a world that was lonely.
Scared, knowing not what was ahead of me.

Now, on this evening, the 11th hour for my time with you,
I can look back and remember fondly that
London, you were my Egypt and I?
Your Phoenix.
I grew from the ashes;
sink or swim,
to stand firm and be able to shoulder life better than before.
I am thankful for the people I met and times I had
for you assisted me with my journey.

Egypt, I mean London, I will remember
Your beauty, flowing rivers of life, and your wilderness.
You gave me hope again.
Now don't get me wrong,
We did not see eye to eye during my stay, 
But, you gave me experience and helped me to mature.
You gave me a second chance.
Ready for the world and what will become --
The Phoenix.









No comments:

Post a Comment