Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Louisville Night Pictures Part Deux

Good evening to all.  I hope that everyone is staying cool during these warm summer days.  Tonight, I am sharing some night pictures that I took in Louisville recently.  I enjoyed taking these pictures as I was able to utilize my different lenses in taking pictures.  The first picture of the moon was the first time I have successfully captured a full moon that was not along the horizons.  I may have used the wrong settings as I still learning my camera, but the Low Key setting using my 55-300mm lens.


The second picture was taken using a 18-55mm kit lens.  I cut the picture to add more effect of a wide angle picture.  I wanted o capture the two bridges going into Indiana and the reflection of the lights on the water.


I have no clue about what this statue is or what it represents, but I took this as we were walking from the river toward downtown.  I used the 35mm lens to take this picture.  I had the aperture set at 1.8f on a Bulb setting using a remote.  The shutter time was around 4-5 seconds.  When I snapped it, I immediately felt that I captured a picture that I was not planning for.  The blue lights in the background were from an outdoor concert on along the river where Big Boi (from Outkast) was the headliner.


The next picture was taken looking onto Fifth Street in downtown Louisville.  I used a 35mm lens to take this picture and a slower shutter speed to capture more of an effect of the fountain in the foreground.  What I like about the picture is the effect of the lights in the picture. 


For this picture, I used a 18-55mm lens with a shutter time of about 30 seconds. 


The last picture may raise some eyebrows as to why I thought it was post worthy, but I just liked the clouds in the sky.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment